An Horse Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Tweet
Follow Anhorseforum on Twitter
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of An Horse- The Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of An Horse Fan Forum on your social bookmarking website

Queensland

4 posters

Go down

Queensland Empty Queensland

Post by horizonshavenolimit Thu 13 Jan 2011, 12:15 am

I wasn't sure where else to post this other than suggestions. While it is a suggestion, it is more of a request.

EliseLanciault has brought it to my attention(Home is flooded?) that you all are just as concerned about the Queensland floods. I was thinking that as a forum we could
donate some money. I am NOT asking for your personal information or even
that you give me the money to donate but was more thinking that we
could all donate $10 in the name of An Horse Fan Forum. We have 130
members if we all donate that is $1300. I understand that money is very
tight for some so even if you can't give $10 maybe $1 any amount helps.

You don't have to let anyone know if you have or haven't if you don't want to, I am not keeping track of who donated what.

DONATE HERE
This is the Queensland Gov't online donation form.

Your name then AN HORSE FAN FORUM in the organization box. Also you will be given an option to receive your receipt via email or snail mail. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

THANK YOU!!!!

Last edited by horizonshavenolimit on Thu 13 Jan 2011, 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
horizonshavenolimit
horizonshavenolimit
Admin
Admin

https://anhorseforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Queensland Empty Re: Queensland

Post by horizonshavenolimit Thu 13 Jan 2011, 1:15 am

Some may wonder why if you live so far do you care this isn't happening to you?

I thought I would share a story that would make you all see this goes far beyond even An Horse (although they are of course apart of my reason).

It was my first thanksgiving away from home after a long family crises and I was alone sitting at a coffee shop in San Francisco crying. A man in shorts walked by the window glanced at me and kept going. A few moments later he walked past the window again. Then as I was about to leave the man walked into the coffee shop with a rose and said "this is for you" in a deep Australian accent, then left. Even though the token was small that was the most unexpected and kind thing anyone could have done for me at that moment. It reminded me that there was good and to continue to have hope. I don't know his name or even where in Australia he is from but I can't help but wonder and worry. So on top of An Horse's amazing music and how much its inspired and moved me and that I hope their families are okay, I dedicate part of my donation to that unnamed man from thanksgiving not so long ago.

Just because we are divided by oceans doesn't make any sort of a difference we are all people, all human no matter where we come from or how we look, who we love and what the color of our skin is. Kindness is what we need to remember.

Last edited by horizonshavenolimit on Thu 13 Jan 2011, 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
horizonshavenolimit
horizonshavenolimit
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by laura Thu 13 Jan 2011, 2:11 am

Hey,

This may be my first post? So hi... thanks for the thread - really lovely that you care so much. Lots of homes and businesses have been destroyed, as well as damage to main roads and bridges all over the place. Many people have discovered that their insurance policies don't cover this particular type of flood damage so for them it's rather disastrous. Brisbane is clustered around a bending river which is currently breaking its banks just about everywhere so the city is a mess. Not to mention the other areas that have experienced flooding also - in particular the crazy "inland tsunami" that hit Toowoomba and the Lockyer Valley. There are 15 confirmed deaths so far and last time I heard there were 74 people still missing. I have been very lucky where I am, but a lot of people have not so any donations to the Premier's fund really would be appreciated - even if it's $1!

Thanks again.

laura
Newcomer
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by laura Thu 13 Jan 2011, 2:24 am

P.S. Sorry that this is my first post... I feel kind of weird about that. I'm not a creepy lurker, I just saw your tweet!

laura
Newcomer
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by horizonshavenolimit Thu 13 Jan 2011, 2:30 am

laura wrote:P.S. Sorry that this is my first post... I feel kind of weird about that. I'm not a creepy lurker, I just saw your tweet!

Its okay Smile Don't feel weird I am actually a really shy person so I understand just wanting to observe sometimes. I am glad you are okay and my thoughts are with you and your family. Stay safe! Smile
horizonshavenolimit
horizonshavenolimit
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EliseLanciault Thu 13 Jan 2011, 3:02 am

Shoot, I already gave to Australia Red Cross about Queensland floods, so I won't be able to give again money, but that would have been so cool if I could have said that I'm from An Horse Fan Forum. Anyway, don't need to say I'm from a forum to know that I did a good thing and I'm still looking on how I can help, from my very far away location that is Quebec, Canada.
EliseLanciault
EliseLanciault
Friend
Friend

http://eliselbreton.webs.com/apps/photos

Back to top Go down

Post by horizonshavenolimit Thu 13 Jan 2011, 3:24 am

Good Will is Good Will no matter the title Smile Ya I know I want to send care packages but i think its still too soon for anyone to receive them.
horizonshavenolimit
horizonshavenolimit
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Thu 13 Jan 2011, 4:53 am

Welcome Laura. I am so sorry to hear about what has happend to Brisbane and Queensland. I wish you, your friends and your family the best and remember to stay safe.

I just donated in the name of the AN HORSE FAN FORUM thanks for the link horizonshavenolimit!
Tim
Tim
Friend
Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by laura Thu 13 Jan 2011, 5:08 am

Thanks guys. Red Cross is absolutely just as good. Apparently all the evacuation centres are fine for donations of goods right now and running out of space (kind of funny - everyone is being TOO generous!). Care packages are a really awesome idea but you're right, maybe wait a bit on that before you make any moves. Postal system is a little iffy right now. It's mainly money that's needed at the moment to help repair damages and get goods into isolated areas (website count is up 10 million dollars since 12 or so hours ago - so incredible!), as well as hands on help etc. once the water resides. I'll certainly be getting out there and doing whatever I can. Actually the volunteer sign up website went down because there were so many people trying to log onto it... crazy. People from all over have been really generous... it's really heartening and everyone appreciates it x a million. Thanks for your thoughts and donations!

P.S. Quebec, Canada is amazing. I was in Montreal earlier this year. Want to go back. Desperately.

laura
Newcomer
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by laura Thu 13 Jan 2011, 5:10 am

Thanks a lot Tim!

laura
Newcomer
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by EliseLanciault Thu 13 Jan 2011, 1:09 pm

Well if you come back in my town someday, let me know I could show you the city in a different way than people use to know it Razz
EliseLanciault
EliseLanciault
Friend
Friend

http://eliselbreton.webs.com/apps/photos

Back to top Go down

Post by horizonshavenolimit Tue 01 Feb 2011, 7:04 pm

Our thoughts here at the forum go out to those in Queensland and everyone effected by yasi. Please let us know what we can do to help. Stay safe
horizonshavenolimit
horizonshavenolimit
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wed 02 Feb 2011, 10:54 am

Really crazy stuff I have no idea what extream weather like is possibly like. Hope you all are ok.
Tim
Tim
Friend
Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum