An Horse Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Tweet
Follow Anhorseforum on Twitter
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of An Horse- The Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of An Horse Fan Forum on your social bookmarking website

Awkward. Introduction. Hi.

3 posters

Go down

Awkward. Introduction. Hi. Empty Awkward. Introduction. Hi.

Post by LVeg Tue 07 Apr 2009, 8:49 pm

Hey hey, I'm Laura. I'm currently attending college in New York. I love music and I love art. When I'm not doing art homework I'm playing the guitar which I'm trying to teach myself to play. I can do a few An Horse covers Smile.

I really love the band An Horse and am strongly considering driving 5 hours to see them on April 18th. Anyone else going to the Poughkeepsie show? It's really sketch but I'm afraid if I don't take the chance I wont get to see them for a year or two.

Other than An Horse I love the bands Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, Tegan and Sara, and my new obsessions Tender Forever and The Thermals.
LVeg
LVeg
Family
Family

Back to top Go down

Awkward. Introduction. Hi. Empty Re: Awkward. Introduction. Hi.

Post by hermitstyle Tue 07 Apr 2009, 10:17 pm

hey laura, welcome to the board. i would do the drive, but i like to drive....
hermitstyle
hermitstyle

http://www.myspace.com/totalhate95

Back to top Go down

Post by LVeg Tue 07 Apr 2009, 10:37 pm

hermitstyle wrote:hey laura, welcome to the board. i would do the drive, but i like to drive....

Yea, well it looks like I will have to unless I want to be skipping class and driving to Canada haha. Eh, I have to have at least one reckless college adventure this semester. Strangely enough my first reckless college adventure involved a Tegan and Sara show 6 hours away Very Happy.

So what about you? Have you ever seen these guys live?
LVeg
LVeg
Family
Family

Back to top Go down

Post by hermitstyle Tue 07 Apr 2009, 10:56 pm

yeah, i've seen them quite a few times. if you cross to canada the customs agents will think you are crazy to be driving all the way to canada for a show. they always thought i was crazy. when i went to vancouver in february, they gave me a hard time coming to see a show. and i remember when i was working for northern state, i got held up at customs for almost 2 hours because i was driving from nashville to montreal to catch up with them. so just a forewarning, just say you are sightseeing for a day or something Smile

if i wasn't feeding baby kittens every four hours, i would be following them from nashville, atlanta, orlando and jacksonville, but i can only bribe my mom to feed the kittens for half a night, so i'm only going to the show in my city Sad
hermitstyle
hermitstyle

Back to top Go down

Post by LVeg Wed 08 Apr 2009, 12:23 am

Yea that's exactly what I'm afraid of. Plus a nineteen year old driving into Canada for one night ALONE none the less may look a bit sketch. Even if I get across I'd be really afraid of crossing back at 1am. I think it's safer to just stay in the country and drive a few extra miles.

ALSO I'm so jealous that you got to work with Northern State! I love them and more recently Hesta Prynn. I just ordered her EP last week. I'm hoping I'll get to see her in Philly this summer. What did you do for them?
LVeg
LVeg
Family
Family

Back to top Go down

Post by hermitstyle Wed 08 Apr 2009, 6:33 am

oh, i don't think that they wouldn't let you in, they would probably just give you a hard time. some just don't get it. my border agents thought i was drunk. i was coming into canada through the michigan border and after i finally got through canadian customs, i was following the exit signs to get myself out of cutsoms, little did i know that was the exit signs to go to the us. customs agents on both sides probably thought i was drunk. hehe.

with northern state, i ran the merch at a couple of their shows with tegan and sara, with their headlining tour, i did merch, assisted in live sound and basically loaded in and out their equipment for all of the north-northeast and south-southeast portions of their tour. couldn't get off the whole month to do their entire tour unfortunately. and also for spero and sprout's side band, lucky bitch, i recorded, engineered, mixed and co-produced their ep.

i've been in the music business for 6 years now and i'm still in the shallow end of the pool Sad haha
(not that working with northern state or lucky bitch was bad or sucked or anything, i love working with them, just how many gigs i've done gig wise, i normally have only worked with indie/underground/local bands. i haven't worked with any big names yet)
hermitstyle
hermitstyle

Back to top Go down

Post by horizonshavenolimit Wed 08 Apr 2009, 10:23 am

hermitstyle wrote:with northern state, i ran the merch at a couple of their shows with tegan and sara, with their headlining tour, i did merch, assisted in live sound and basically loaded in and out their equipment for all of the north-northeast and south-southeast portions of their tour. couldn't get off the whole month to do their entire tour unfortunately. and also for spero and sprout's side band, lucky bitch, i recorded, engineered, mixed and co-produced their ep.

i've been in the music business for 6 years now and i'm still in the shallow end of the pool Sad haha
(not that working with northern state or lucky bitch was bad or sucked or anything, i love working with them, just how many gigs i've done gig wise, i normally have only worked with indie/underground/local bands. i haven't worked with any big names yet)
livin my dream *sigh* how does one get a foot in the door Question
horizonshavenolimit
horizonshavenolimit
Admin
Admin

https://anhorseforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hermitstyle Wed 08 Apr 2009, 10:44 am

horizonshavenolimit wrote:
hermitstyle wrote:with northern state, i ran the merch at a couple of their shows with tegan and sara, with their headlining tour, i did merch, assisted in live sound and basically loaded in and out their equipment for all of the north-northeast and south-southeast portions of their tour. couldn't get off the whole month to do their entire tour unfortunately. and also for spero and sprout's side band, lucky bitch, i recorded, engineered, mixed and co-produced their ep.

livin my dream *sigh* how does one get a foot in the door Question
to avoid going off topic:
https://anhorseforum.forumotion.com/random-chit-chat-f16/the-music-biz-t56.htm#214
hermitstyle
hermitstyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down